- No farm-related property
- No vacant land primarily used for farming, or commercial business
- No farm-related outbuildings
- Livestock barns/shelters
- Machinery storage buildings
- Crop storage buildings
- Grain silos
- Horse, calf, goats, small animals as pets
- Usable structure value must be deducted from appraisal value
- Property Value $100,000 – Less $10,000 Barn Value = $90,000 Maximum Loan Value (can add up-front guarantee fee)
- Dilapidated barns or storage sheds used for storage (non-farm items)
- “Generally,” the value of the site must not exceed 30% of total value of property
- State offices cannot impose acreage limitations (such as 10 acres, etc.).
- Is there income-producing land?
- Are there buildings that CAN BE USED for income-producing purposes?
- Are there buildings SPECIFICALLY designed to accommodate business or income-producing enterprises?