- KENTUCKY USDA RURAL HOUSING ELIGIBILITY MAP FOR 2022
- Kentucky Rural Housing USDA Maximum Income by County for 2022
- Kentucky USDA and Rural Housing Credit Scores Guidelines
- Kentucky RHS USDA Guaranteed Loan Income Worksheet
- Eligible Properties for KY USDA Rural Development loans
- Kentucky Offices Kentucky Rural Development Offices
- Privacy, Legal and Licensing Information
- Accessibility Statement
Louisville Kentucky Mortgage Lender for FHA, VA, KHC, USDA and Rural Housing Kentucky Mortgages: WHAT IS THE MINIMUM CREDIT SCORE FOR A KENTUCKY FH...
Louisville Kentucky Mortgage Lender for FHA, VA, KHC, USDA and Rural Housing Kentucky Mortgages: How to Get Approved for a Kentucky Mortgage While ...
Louisville Kentucky Mortgage Lender for FHA, VA, KHC, USDA and Rural Housing Kentucky Mortgages: 4 Things Every Borrower Needs to Know to Get Appro...
Louisville Kentucky Mortgage Lender for FHA, VA, KHC, USDA and Rural Housing Kentucky Mortgages: USDA Rural Housing Kentucky Loan Information
Clarification of the Eligibility of Non-U.S. Citizens with Valid Social Security Numbers and Employment Authorization Documents for Kentucky USDA Rural Housing Loans
USDA Rural Development Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program (SFHGLP) announces that for a 12-month period, beginning 05-02-2022, non-U.S. citizens with valid Social Security Numbers (SSN) and work authorization, as evidenced by documentation such as an Employment Authorization Document, Form I-766 (EAD), are temporarily eligible to apply for assistance.
Under current requirements, applicants seeking to purchase a home through the SFHGLP must have acceptable citizenship or immigration status. These statuses are verified through the Department of Homeland Security Citizenship and Immigration Services Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) program. The current categories of eligible immigration statuses do not include some categories of non-U.S. citizens who are authorized to live and work in the United States. USDA has determined that expanding such eligibility to include additional non-U.S. citizens with a work authorization and SSN on a temporary, immediate basis is important to assist rural communities in recovering from the economic effects of COVID-19. In addition, USDA recognizes the important contributions made by these non-U.S. citizens to rural communities, regardless of COVID-19, and will pursue a permanent change to the regulations. Such expanded eligibility will align with other federal housing loan guarantee programs that do not have regulations conditioning eligibility on citizenship or immigration status.
USDA will temporarily revise Chapter 8 paragraph F “Having Acceptable Citizenship or Immigration Status [7 CFR 3555.151(b)]” of the SFHGLP Handbook as follows: individuals with a valid social security number and valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD), such as Form I-766, issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, are eligible to participate in the SFHGLP.
Please note, all other applicant eligibility requirements of the program regulation handbook still apply.
Thank you for supporting the Single-Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program!
In the April 19, 2022 issue of The Guaranteed Connection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Rural Development provided several Hot Time Savings Tips for Successful Loan Submissions, including:
- Annual and repayment income calculations are still required to be submitted even though the income calculation worksheet was removed from Form RD 3555-21.
- Provide documentation for all applicable household members per 7 CFR Part 3555.152(d).
- Provide explanations for inconsistent real estate taxes listed in Guaranteed Underwriting System (GUS) and on appraisal.
- Be sure to identify the “Construction Type” correctly when doing the data entry in GUS on the “Loan and Property Information” screen.
Additional resources from USDA can be located on the Loan Origination tab at the USDA Linc Training and Resource Library page.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR MORTGAGE TIPS ON HOW TO CLOSE A USDA MORTGAGE LOAN IN KENTUCKY